In this article
Create a New Segment
To create a segment, navigate to Segments >> Accounts/Contacts >> New Segment.
On the segment configuration page, complete the following steps:
1. Name - Provide a segment name.
2. Description - Provide a description of the segment.
3. Visibility - Users that have the "Manage Public Object" role permission can set the visibility of the segment to be either "Private" or "Public." Others can only save the list as "Private".
4. Associate to - Choose which modules the account list being created should be visible in. By tethering account segments to specific features/modules, you can craft and track a distinct set of goals/tasks/reports for a segment of your accounts/contacts.
5. Run rule on - Set if the segment should be filtered by all accounts or only the accounts assigned to you.
6. In the Attributes section, define how your accounts/contacts should be filtered based on certain attributes. For example, you can filter accounts/contacts by a certain country, industry, tier, or stage. You'll also be able to filter the accounts/contacts by the custom dimensions you have added to Freshdesk Customer Success.
7. In the "Metrics over time and event occurrences" section, define how your accounts/contacts should be filtered based on the trend of a specific metric and/or dates. There are four ways to do so:
1). Compare a metric to a value
e.g. Usage of module "Dashboard" is less than 5 mins a day.
2). Compare a metric to another metric
e.g. Usage of module "Dashboard" is at least 30% less than usage of module "Reporting".
3). Compare a metric to itself over time
e.g. Usage of module "Dashboard" in last week is at least 10 mins more than usage of the same module a week prior.
4). Check for an event
e.g. Account joined in the last 7 days.
You'll then select both the start date and the end date of the time period over which the metric will be calculated.
1). Begins after an event or day
e.g. 7 days after the "Account join date" or 3 days after "Account last seen" date
2). Begins before an event or day
e.g. 7 days before "Current day" or 30 days before the "Account renewal date"
3). Begins on an event or day
e.g. "Current week"
4). Begins on a specific date
e.g. Dec. 1. 2021
8. "Columns for Preview": Choose the attributes you'd like to view along with the returned segment values.
9. Click "Preview" to preview the list results.
10. Click "Save as new" to save the segment. When you edit an existing segment, you can choose to save the list as a new segment or overwrite the existing segment details.
Once the segment is saved, you'll be able to perform additional actions on the list of accounts/contacts:
Edit the segment details and rules
Clone the segment configuration into a new segment
Delete the segment
Export the segment results via CSV
The system will keep and load the last viewed segment when you go back to the segments page.
Copy and Delete a Segment
If you'd like to construct another segment based on an existing one, click "Clone" for that segment and the conditions of the existing list of accounts/contacts will be copied over into the new segment being created.
To permanently delete a segment, check the delete box for that segment. You can also delete a segment from the Segments and Lists section in Management Center.