In this article:
Account & User Exploration allows you to gain a quick understanding of your customers by performing basic aggregation and segmentation analysis.
Create a New Chart
To create a new chart, go to the "Analytics" tab:
1. Select "Account Exploration". If you wish to analyze for users, select "User Exploration".
2. Select a predefined list of accounts or users for your analysis.
3. Select how frequently the data points should be plotted. For example, “MONTHLY” will show only one data point per month, which will be calculated from all the data available for that month. If "NONE" is selected, all data will be aggregated to one data point over the time window selected.
4. Specify a time window over which the data will be plotted.
5. Select the metric(s) you'd like to plot and specify the aggregation type for the metric(s). Time aggregation defines how a metric should be aggregated for each account over the specified time frame. Account aggregation defines how a metric should be aggregated across the list of accounts selected for the chart.
6. On the same pop-up window, you can select a dimension by which the data will be grouped.
7. You can filter the dimension values to limit the data to be shown. For example, you can filter “Feature” to view the usage trend for only the key features you care about. Or filter “Stage” to view activity for only the "Onboarding" accounts.
8. Select a chart type (e.g. line chart, area chart, bar chart, pie chart or table view) for viewing your data. You also have the option to stack or unstack the chart series.
9. Save the chart. On the pop-up modal, provide a name and description for the chart. Select if you want to save it as "Private" (viewable only to you) or "Shared" (viewable to other Freshdesk Customer Success users within your organization). This option would only be available to users with “Manage Public Object” permissions.
Customize a Chart
You can set your own chart color, label names, and axis labels for any Account/User Exploration charts you create. Click the “Setting” icon on the chart to customize your own charts.
Load an Existing Chart
You can view or edit an existing chart by clicking the sandwich icon on the top left. Select the chart you'd like to view or edit. You can use the chart search to quickly find a chart by typing a keyword in the chart name.
When you are done editing the chart, click "Save". You can modify the name of the chart and save it as a new chart or simply save the current chart to overwrite the existing settings.
Export Chart as PDF or CSV
You can choose to export the chart as a PDF or export the chart query results as a CSV, which is useful when you'd like to leverage your own choice of BI tools for further data exploration and visualization options. After loading a chart, click "Export" on the top right to select the preferred action.