Lists are segments of customers that match a set of attributes and behavior you define.
To create a customer list, go to "Lists", select "Accounts" or "Users" type and click "New List".
On the list configuration page, complete the following steps:
1. Name - Provide a list name.
2. Description - Provide a description of the list.
3. Visibility - Users that have the "Manage Public Object" role permission can set the visibility of the list to be either "Private" or "Public". Others can only save the list as "Private".
4. Run rule on - Set if the list should be filtered by all accounts or only the accounts assigned to you.
5. Associate to - Choose which modules the account list being created should be visible in. By tethering account lists to specific features/modules, you can craft and track a distinct set of goals/tasks/reports for a segment of your accounts/customers.
6. In the Attributes section, define how your accounts/users should be filtered based on certain attributes. For example, you can filter accounts/users by a certain country, industry, tier, or stage. You'll also be able to filter the accounts/users by the custom dimensions you add to Freshdesk Customer Success.
7. In the "Metrics over time and event occurrences" section, define how your accounts/users should be filtered based on the trend of a specific metric and/or dates. For example, you can filter accounts/users based on their usage of a key product feature over the last 7 days. You'll also be able to filter the accounts/users by the custom metrics you track in Freshdesk Customer Success.
8. "Columns for Preview": choose the attributes you'd like to view along with the returned list values.
9. Click "Preview" to preview the list results.
10. Click "Save as new" to save the list. When you edit an existing list, you can choose to save the list as a new list or overwrite the existing list details.
Once the list is saved, you'll be able to perform additional actions on the list:
- Edit the list details and rules
- Clone the list configuration into a new list
- Delete the list
- Export the list results via CSV
The system will keep and load the last viewed list when you go back to the Lists page.