In this article:
The Task Groups feature allows you to assign task watchers to specific account tasks based on the user groups you define. If you run a large Customer Success team and each team member is managing different lifecycle stages of an account or has varying responsibilities, this feature will help you distribute team workload with clearer boundaries and more flexibilities.
For example, you can create an onboarding CSM group and assign this group to the onboarding Goal for managing the account onboarding processes. You can further specify a subgroup of user(s) as the owner(watchers) of each task within a Goal. You can also define designated user groups for handling certain alert tasks.
Task watchers can view, manage and receive email notifications on the tasks to which they are a watcher.
Task Group, Ownership and Notification
When using the task group feature, there are certain restrictions with regards to who can be added to a task group, who can receive email notifications, and who will be set as the owner of a task.
1. CSM users (those who have the Customer Success Seat permission) can be included in a task group.
2. Freshsuccess will look for the intersection of the account owners and assigned task group users to set the owner/watcher of a task.
- If there are more than 1 user in the intersection, all of them will be added as watchers.
- If there is only 1 user in the intersection, the user will be added as the owner of the task.
3. In order to receive task email notifications for auto-generated tasks from Alerts and Goals, you have to meet at least one of the following criteria and turn on the proper options within your task notification setting:
- Owner of the accounts
- Watcher of the tasks
- Owner of the tasks
***Note that there is no such restriction for manually created tasks.
Create a Task Group
To create a new task group, go to Settings -> Management Center -> Task Groups.
- Click "Add New Group"
- Specify Group name
- Add CSM users
You can include either one or multiple users in a task group. In the case of only one user in a group, the user will become the owner of the task to which he/she is assigned.
Add Task Watchers
You can add task watchers to Goals tasks, alert tasks as well as manually created tasks.
In the Goals configuration page, you can select a preferred task group for the entire Goals tasks and for a specific task.
In the alert configuration page, you can select a preferred task group for the alert task.
Manually Created Tasks
When you create a new task manually, you can add individual watchers to the task directly.