Need for data integration
Freshsuccess helps you maximize your customer lifetime value. It does so, by providing the following benefits:
- Understand customer health to proactively reduce churn and increase renewals.
- Identify expansion opportunities and initiate upsell/cross-sell conversations.
- Turn successful customers into long-term advocates for your brand.
You can achieve the above by leveraging our full stack engagement suite that includes a set of features used for customer pain detection and another features set used for customer pain prevention.
Customer pain detection features enable you to take a more proactive approach using insights gained from customer data collected from your various business platforms.
- You can get a 360 view of your accounts by integrating accounts and account metadata from your CRM system or your data warehouse.
- You can get alerted on an approaching renewal from data collected via your billing system.
- You can get alert if you haven't received any communication over X number of days from a customer.
- You could customize your healthscore calculation using product usage information collected from your product.
This will help you adopt a proactive customer success approach. Note that Freshsuccess acts as your System of Insight and in order to get maximum output from it, having quality data integrated from your various business systems is key.
Freshsuccess Integration refers to the process of connecting all of your relevant customer data to Freshsuccess. The incoming data could map to either:
- Account Level Information
- User Level Information.
There are two key sources of data to connect to Freshsuccess: Product usage data and Enterprise software system data (back-office system data).
- Product usage data refers to the stream of events that tell Freshsuccess how your customers are using your product.
- Enterprise software system data refers to all the data and metrics that come from your back-office systems, including customer relationship management, support ticketing and billing. This could be done in the following ways:
- Integrating these systems via the API provided by their vendors.
- Directly sending in data via the Freshsuccess Account API.
Freshsuccess integrates these two distinct sources of information to provide a complete view of your accounts.
Product usage data
Freshsuccess needs to establish a feed of data about your users and their interactions (clicks) with your web-application in order to understand your users, their activities and product engagement levels to drive powerful insights into your business and bring the most value to your customer success efforts. This data is usually provided directly from your web application through the Freshsuccess JS Library or through connection to a web data collection service such as Segment.io or Mixpanel.
There are currently three different ways to collect product usage data and send it to Freshsuccess.
For customers already using Segment to collect their event data, we provide full integration with their data collection service. Click here for more details.
3. Event REST API
If you are already collecting usage data from your product, you can send a copy of those events to Freshsuccess using the Event REST API.
Data from enterprise software systems
External software systems or business systems include the data systems your organization has purchased to track different types of data across various teams. This usually includes data from Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, support ticketing systems, and billing systems.
In many cases, this data can be collected automatically from these platforms(e.g Salesforce.com or Zendesk) via use of their public APIs.
In other cases, you may have this data on internal systems, in which case you can use Freshsuccess' Account REST API to provide this data to us directly. You can also use a mix of these two approaches, for example providing CRM and support ticket data via our integrations and billing data via the API.
Freshsuccess tracks data in two levels - Account and User. Please read further to learn more about what types of data are tracked on the account versus the user level.
1. Data tracked on account level
In order for any data to show up in your Freshsuccess platform, accounts need to be defined first. Account Level data could be among the following:
- CRM data - Accounts, Users or contacts
- Financial information - subscriptions, Invoices,
- Support Tickets
- Custom account metrics - Time Series Data
- Custom account metadata
There are two ways you can send account-level data to Freshsuccess:
1). Through third-party integrations
- Typically, you can send account level metadata, account metrics or custom account dimensions to Freshsuccess through third-party CRM integration.
2). Using our Account REST API: /accounts
2. Data tracked on user level
Note that while users are associated with accounts, there are types of data that are tracked on the user level but can be rolled up to accounts.
User Level data could be among the following:
- Product usage events
- Click events - Features
- Time spent - Modules
- Custom user metadata
There are a couple of ways user-level data can be imported and defined:
1). Through product usage events
- You can send account users, contacts, general user dimensions(role, phone, email etc.) and User Metrics like user clicks via JS Event Library, Segment or Mixpanel.
- If you use our JS Event Library, you can define users using either the login() call or the identifyUser() call
- If you use Segment or Mixpanel, provide the required userId through each event.
2). Through third-party integrations
- Typically, we can pull users and set up custom user dimensions from your third-party CRM integration. We can import user metadata from any object.
3). Using Freshsuccess' Account REST API: /account_users
We are continually updating the list of available 3rd party integrations, so if you do not see your 3rd party system listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if that integration is available or, if not, when we can make it available.