You have the option to enable the two-factor authentication (2FA) for your Freshsuccess account. Enabling this feature adds an additional layer of security to your account. After logging in with your username and password, you will be prompted for a two-factor authentication code. This code is generated by a free Time-based One-Time Password mobile application such as: Google Authenticator, Authenticator, or Duo Mobile.
A Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) application automatically generates an authentication code that changes after a certain period of time.
Steps on configuring 2FA using a TOTP mobile app:
1. Download one of these apps.
- For Android, iOS, and Blackberry: Google Authenticator
- For Android and iOS: Duo Mobile
- For Windows Phone: Authenticator
2. Log into your Freshsuccess account.
3. Go to “My Profile” page under "Settings".
4. Under “Two Factor Authentication”, click “Enabled”.
5. On the pop-up window, scan the QR code using your downloaded TOTP mobile app.
6. The TOTP mobile app will save your Freshsuccess account and generate a new authentication code every few seconds.
7. In Freshsuccess, on the pop-up window, enter the code and click “Enable Two Factor Authentication”.
8. Once the 2FA is enabled, you should see the red "Reset" button added to the page. If you'd like to use a different mobile device for 2FA, you'll need to download the TOTP mobile app on that device and reset the secret code.