In this article:
The "Role Permissions" page under the Settings -> Management Center allows you to define specific product access permissions and home page for your users based on different user roles.
A user role specifies which areas of the product a user can access and what types of actions he/she can perform.
There are five default roles defined by Freshsuccess to help you get started:
- CSM: Users with this role are usually the primary users of the product.
- CSM Manager: This role has full access to the product. Users with this role can manage users, configure product settings, view and update all accounts and users.
- Executive: This role can update and view all accounts and users, user with this role might need to log in to view summarized data across all accounts and users on a regular basis.
- Guest: This role can view all information of accounts and users, user with this role might only need to log in once in a while or as needed.
- Analyst: This role has all the product permissions except for the ability to be assigned to accounts and manage that portfolio of accounts in Freshsuccess.
Default roles are configurable and you can either edit the existing roles or create new roles and tweak the specific permissions for each role as you prefer.
To edit the permission details of a role, click "Edit" for that role, and on the pop up modal you can select the default home page for this role and turn on the permissions you'd like this role to have. Click "Save" to complete the action.
To delete a role, click "Delete" for that role. If the role has been appointed to users who have accounts assigned to them you are not allowed to delete the role until the accounts have been unassigned or switched to other users.
Create New Roles
To create a new role, click "Add New Role" on the top right corner. On the pop up modal, name the role, select a home page, and turn on the items you'd like this role to have access to.
Click "Save" to save the role.
Role Permission Details
Below lays out the details of each access permission option:
Can be assigned accounts
- User can be assigned accounts.
- User can perform the below actions to the accounts assigned to him/her:
- Manage and receive account alerts
- Receive auto-generated alert/workflow tasks
- Add new tasks to accounts
- Deploy workflows to accounts
- Update account interactions
- Update account attributes
- Configure account settings
Configure product settings
- User can define/add custom dimensions
- User can customize account details - overview page layout
- User can configure account health score
- User can create alert rules and playbooks
- User can create workflows
- User can create email triggers
- User can add, delete and modify Freshsuccess users
- User can configure role permissions and assign roles to Freshsuccess users
- User can configure account assignment
View all accounts
- User can view all accounts and users
- User can update account attributes
- User can create & update tasks
- User can access account bulk editing and manage account delete lists
- User can add/delete account interactions & notes
- User can send emails and manage email campaigns
- User can delete any accounts
Configure data connectors
- User can access organization API keys
- User can access API uploader for bulk update account attributes
- User can manage and configure third-party connections to Freshsuccess
- User can enable email campaign feature in Freshsuccess
- User can access the IT Administration page
View team performance page
- User can access the Freshsuccess "Team Performance" reporting
View email center page
- User can access the Freshsuccess "Email Center" page
Manage public objects
- User can create, edit and manage public account lists, charts, and custom dashboard