Read Email Sync Overview.
CSMs can use the Email Sync feature only if it is enabled for the Freshsuccess instance. To do this, Admins need to enable it. Once this is done, CSMs can authenticate their inbox, either by using their sign-in credentials or via Google authentication.
How to whitelist the Gmail App for the email integration:
In Google workspace admin tool (admin.google.com):
1. Select API controls from the security under main menu.
2. In the App access control section, click "Manage Third-party app access".
3. In the Apps tab, click "Configure new app" and choose "OAuth App Name or Client ID".
4. Input the app's name "Natero" in the search box and click “Search”. App with the name "Natero" will appear in the list. Click on the "Natero" entry.
5. Select the oauth client ID from the list:
6. Choose "Trusted: Can access all Google services" and click "Configure".
For information on the configuration of Email Sync, follow the steps below:
Click on the Profile icon and select ‘My settings’.
Click Connect under the Email Sync tab.
Alternatively, you can also navigate to IT Administration → Email Integration → Enable from Settings (cogwheel icon).
On clicking Connect or Enable, a sliding window is displayed with the list of email providers supported - Gmail, Outlook, and Custom.
Select the email provider. If Gmail or Outlook, on the next page of the sliding window, click on Save.
The domain is automatically picked up from the current user’s email domain and pre-filled as shown below.
By default, your company’s email domain will have already been added to the ‘Excluded domain for incoming emails’ list. You can add more domains as needed.
For custom email servers, a few additional validations need to be done. The current user’s email address will be filled in and cannot be edited. This is to ensure that the user is part of the setup that they are trying to integrate. Enter the password and IMAP server details. Click on Save.
Congratulations! You have enabled Email Sync for your Freshsuccess instance.