Enabling Calendar Sync (for Admins)
CSMs can use the Calendar Sync feature only if it is enabled for the Freshdesk Customer Success instance. To do this, Admins need to enable it. Once this is done, CSMs can authenticate their calendar, either by using their sign-in credentials or via Google authentication.
How to safelist the Gmail App for calendar integration:
In Google workspace admin tool (admin.google.com):
1. Select API controls from the security under the main menu
2. In the App access control section, click "Manage Third-party app access."
3. In the Apps tab, click "Configure new app" and choose "OAuth App Name or Client ID."
4. Input "694803231557-4cui0o9tmp78dsi31ola0ft1k338ff4n.apps.googleusercontent.com" in the search box and click “Search.” App with the name "Freshdesk Customer Success" will appear in the list. Click on the "Freshdesk Customer Success" entry.
5. Select the OAuth client ID from the list:
6. Choose "Trusted: Can access all Google services" and click "Configure."
Once you have completed the above steps for safelisting, please reach out to us – we'll have our engineers add the entry to our system. Once this is done, you'll be able to view the Google Calendar app on the calendar sync configuration page.
For information on the configuration of Calendar Sync, follow the steps below:
Navigate to IT Administration → Calendar Integration
On Clicking the Google Calendar icon, a sliding window is displayed. Read the instructions and click continue to connect.
Once the calendar integration is successful, you can sync your calendar by clicking on the "Connect your calendar" option.
After connecting and authentication with your email, calendar synchronization will initiate.
Congratulations! You have enabled Calendar Sync for your Freshdesk Customer Success instance.